Monday, July 16, 2007

Mongolia

During July 9-15 I went to Mongolia, the land of the world's great warrior Genghis Khan. Our group consisted of 19 people. Most of us went to Beijing first but, since I used to go there a couple of years ago, I joined them later. We arrived at Ulaanbaatar, the capital of Mongolia on July 10. Mr. Gonzoric, the Mongolian diplomat, and Madame Densma, his wife, warmly welcomed us. They took care and reserved his own hotel, Gobi Sauna Complex, for us all. We have visited various interesting places such as the Mongol monastery, the Naadam Festival's Opening Ceremony, the 13th Century Mongolia, etc. We have stayed in the traditional "Ger", seen the horse racing competition, tried horse riding, and had fun shopping for Cashmier sweaters and North Face jackets, etc. Although the weather was rather hot and sunny, I had a memorable and wonderful time there.

For more photos of Mongolia, please visit my photo album at http://picasaweb.google.com/anbunnag/Mongolia.

2 comments:

Doctor Rick said...

I like your blog. Your pictures of Mongolia bring it to life for me. Thank you for the privileged view.

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful pictures ka.